I WANT TO ATTEND
TICKETS ($20) WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR- CASH ONLY.
Men (and Women!), please join us for The Great Shave 2012 - our second annual evening celebrating wet shaving!
Merz Apothecary and Smallflower.com are proud to host an evening dedicated to traditional shaving and men's grooming.
What to Expect:
- A great party where you can learn, talk, eat, drink and enjoy yourself!
- shave experts demonstrating technique and answering questions about double edge razors, straight razors and brushes
- representatives from the world's best shaving brands
- shave tools and accessories available form the merz / smallflower pop up shop
- great conversation with shave aficionados from across the globe
- local beer, local spirits, and more
- delicious food and desserts from local restaurants and chefs
- professional barbers performing live straight razor shaves
- live music and a fun social atmosphere
- goodie bags and door prizes
- free parking and inexpensive street parking
- walk to the western ave brown line
- after party!
- Mark Herro (aka Mantic59) - YouTube's most-watched wet shave educator
- Lynn Abrams - founder of The Straight Razor Place forum and co-owner of Straight Razor Designs
- Geo (geofatboy) - popular Youtube shave educator and owner of Shave Nation
Brands with Representatives Attending:
- Muhle (Christian Mueller, Managing Director, will be joining us from Germany!)
- Castle Forbes (Andrew French, Director and Founder, Castle Forbes Collection)
- Edwin Jagger
- Truefitt & Hill
- Jack Black
- Captain's Choice
- Chicago Comb
- More brands will be added to the list above as they are confirmed!
- And here are just a few of the brands that will be at our shop: Simpson, Trumper, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Penhaligon's, Merkur, Dovo, I Coloniali, Ursa Major, Dreadnought, Kell's Original, Musgo Real, Royall Fragrances, Sara Bonnyman, Speick, Baxter of California, Molton Brown, Proraso, Diptyque, Laboratoires Osma, RazorPit and many more! (Many of these brands will be represented in the goodie bags!)
This is your chance to meet and mingle with other like-minded wet shave enthusiasts. Whether you're a wet shave beginner or expert, this is the event for you. You will have the chance to ask questions of experts and brand ambassadors, plus you can explore one of the country's largest selections of shave equipment in every price range.
This year, the Great Shave will take place at the Dank Haus, the beautiful German-American cultural center just a block away from our historic Lincoln Square Store. The event will run from approximately from 6-9:30 PM and we will be providing a great selection of local food and beverages from our favorite neighborhood chefs, brewers, reatailers and restaurants. We are anticipating a fun and exciting evening and hope you will be a part of it!
Merz Apothecary - Afternoon Add-On Intensive Seminars:
We are extremely excited to announce that we will be offering two very exciting, very unique in-depth seminars on the afternoon of The Great Shave 2012, Wednesday, October 24th. There are only a small number of seats available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here are the details:
Mantic59 presents "How to Take Charge of Your Lather"
Spend some quality time with the most-watched shave educator in the world as he delves into the art and science of a wet-shave necessity -- a good lather. Mantic will make lather with different brushes (badger, boar, horse, synthetic) using a variety of creams and soaps. He will discuss and demonstrate tips and tricks (superlather, uberlather, distilled water, etc.) that can make you a lather superstar. This in-depth demonstration will include time for a Q&A with Mantic on your lather and shaving questions. Only 35 seats available!
Lynn Abrams presents "Stropping and Honing Your Straight Razor"
Join the world's most-experienced straight razor honer as he demonstrates his time-tested honing and stropping techniques. This is a rare opportunity to get an intimate look at the honing process of a master, and to get a bit of hands-on familiarity with the steps involved. We have had many requests for such a seminar from dedicated straight razor shavers as well as those looking to begin their straight razor journeys. We know these spots will go fast. Only 20 seats available!
Bonus Panel Discussion!
As an added bonus for the attendees of both seminars, we will have an hour long panel discussion with Mantic, Lynn and other shave industry and vendor experts from 3:45pm to 4:45pm. This panel discussion will only be open to the attendees of the seminars and will be focused on questions that you will submit. This should be a unique opportunity to have a number of shave experts share their advice and opinions directly with you!
The seminars will run concurrently from 2pm to 3:30pm. The ticket price for each event is $30. Please note, this is a separate ticket (purchase above) from the The Great Shave evening event and will not give entrance to the evening event. The seminars will take place at the Dank Haus, the same venue as The Great Shave 2012.
We know that this is an afternoon session on a weekday and that may not be the most convenient time, but we think these unique seminars will be worth a change in your regular weekday schedule. Schedule the afternoon off and buy your tickets today!
Please use the purchase button above to purchase tickets before they are sold out. Please note, each person can only attend one of the seminars because they happen at the same time.
Hotel Savings for Out of Town Guests:
North Side Hotels:
We have arranged a $125/night standard queen rate available while supplies last for Tuesday-Thursday nights (Oct 23-25) at the following hotels:
Please use the code "MERZ" when booking to secure the special rate.
The Palmer House:
We have arranged a limited number of rooms at the magnificent Palmer House (home of Merz Downtown). The rate of $229/night is available for Tuesday and Wednesday nights (Oct 23 and 24). Rooms must be reserved by Friday, Oct 5th! Please call 1-800-HILTONS to make your reservation, and use the code "MRZ" to obtain the special Great Shave rate.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org